Folks,

High temp today may be in the low 80's F. Right now, at 12:30 PM is only the mid 70's F. Quite a change from the last few weeks of 90's and higher. All that cooling cost us was day of violent weather and half the night with tornado warnings as a cold front passed over us yesterday. One grandchild was with her mother at the library downtown and the other was with me here in the country.

We saw a rain wall and cloud rotation but that passed us by with no damage due to the strong wind associated with it. We went to the designated safe place on the ground level of the house. We were in touch with other family members, including my son, all the time by cell phone.

I understand the Vollis Simpson Whirligig park, downtown, was spinning so fast it was about to rotate. Look that up online if you'd like to see the park and read the story about Vollis.

Here is a link: https://www.wilsonwhirligigpark.org/

In other compelling news, my granddaughter's little dog got into big trouble by thoughtlessly digging in a Fire Ant nest this morning. My granddaughter was also bitten trying to get the angry critters off him. They're both OK. Big wind yesterday, little bugs today. It is something new every day. It is possibly the very same with your family.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019