Folks,

Jens:

The e-mail problem is corrected at least ... but FCG still eludes me.

After installing that Empire "Y" patch to my Fly directory, and on trying to load the game I had an immediate crash. There was an error message regarding trying to access memory and the whole thing just turned belly up and crapped out on me. I had to reboot.

Looks like that is a patch just for XP? I have un-installed the patch and FCG too for the time being. I will however certainly not give up on it. I got so close to success I can taste it. I wonder if there is a Y patch or a working link to one on Ursa's site?

It is a challenge for me now. I'll set it all aside for a bit. I am temporarily just too aggravated with the game to think clearly. If I find the patch and that doesn't fix the problem, I may even try to contact Dave Whiteside although Rowan is lost forever and he has nothing to do with any of it anymore, he was always a very helpful chap. I doubt that his direct e-mail address is still correct after so many years.

As for SDOE, $4 is certainly a very good price but considering the problems I'm having with FCG I am going to wait until I get that sorted or have to give up. I sincerely thank you for your offer and I will certainly take you up on it when I do get SDOE. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019