Folks,

Have you heard about Dark Sky Parks? No, he was not a 117 pilot and not even a spook. Not even a person for that matter.

Consider a sky so pristine, so unpolluted, so perfectly dark that it is lit only by fire or a man's imagination. Every star, every planet, every body or constellation in the heavens is shining there available to the naked eye.

There are parks across the world now that have been designated as Dark Sky Parks. People throng there just to stand and gaze up into the heavens at night. There are several such parks here in this country and I believe there is a new one recently designated in Scotland?

C51 reminds me that our Dux is more than familiar with dark skies. Indeed he is. But these are not directly attributable to several hours spent bending the elbow. wink

Unsolicited Suggestion:

Speaking of bending, let me join with our friend 20mm (see his post on the main forum page) and allow me to bend your arm slightly while asking you all to support SimHQ by visiting their sponsors and by purchasing something from their advertisers when ever possible.

It costs a bundle in time and treasure to keep all the lights turned on around here. You know it is true and these SimHQ folks have been mighty good to all us over the years. Hey, look at it from a purely selfish POV if you must, we all want Sim HQ to remain free.

So if you have a bit of Christmas cash and you are in the market for an item you see advertised, at least click on the link and take a look. Thanks. smile

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019