Folks,

Dux:

I'm up early, at least for me. Since retirement, I stay up late so getting up anytime before the crack o' noon is early. It must be 10:30 AM your time.

Ho!Ho!Ho!
As you know, we have just had our Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday, and for our family, that takes the form of a large pig-picking feast. All the members of my dear wife's, fa...overwei...obes... Rubenesque family and quite a few hungry friends gather happily around the trough over at my sister-in-law's house. I no longer fry a turkey on Thanksgiving Day, nor do they. This gives the volunteer fire department a welcome break and the opportunity to celebrate with their families without fear for the holocaust that might otherwise be expected.

It was a warm day on Thursday. The chow down was held out-of-doors yet most did not even feel the slightest need for sweaters, much less jackets. Large bibs or whole bed sheets tied around the neck were, however, not uncommon. By last night we had temps right at the freezing point across most of the state. That is how it is here, it is like a roller coaster ride. By Sunday it will be warm again.

I do enjoy hearing about your area of the UK and the quaint place names you mention from time to time. You are fortunate indeed to live in Derbyshire. Lucky you to have snow already. C51 writes that he expects a good dusting of snow by Monday. I do not know if this will only be falling on him or the rest of Toronto as well. We love snow here in Carolina principally because we get so little of it.

LOL! I have precisely the same difficulty going back to such public establishments more than once even without a band. Worry not. Perhaps there is every reasonable expectation that, by choice or by personal preference, the audience will not contain any of those wiser individuals who witnessed your previous performance?

I'm not so certain about the second visits, but at least on the first performance there should be no real need for one of those bulky, protective wire cages? Do you carry your own for second visits or is there hope one will be provided by the venue? You lead such an adventurous and dangerous life. wink

Happy Holidays to all.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019