Folks,

Dux,Z2:

A good Sunday afternoon to you all. Indeed, the stories have been especially interesting of late what with the 12 delightful chapters of Z2s own magnum opus and Falcon's authentic repeats. The bar has been set pretty high. Of course the bar always seems to be set pretty high from my own point of view...that would be, as one might guess, flat on my back.

Alas SNAFU is missing and must be presumed lost. This brought quite a somber tone to the recent Fathers Day celebration over at Sister Mildred's Sanctuary for Chronically Un-Wed Mothers. I understand that the local post mistress was also at a loss to know what to do with all those Fathers's day cards all signed anonymous and addressed to Papa SNAFU. ;\)

I will cheerfully accept SNAFU's rations however you must take particular care when puffing away with that glowing Havana cigar after dark. Farmer Drubbins,the volunteer Air Raid Warden, is apt to douse it with a full bucket of water (or something far worse) even while it is still being puffed.

I understand that Olga has, on strict orders of her physician, Dr. Boris Meetudeff, given up smoking old oak leaves tightly rolled in newsprint recently soaked in distilled mountain goat urine. She is instead enjoying the health giving pleasures of Dr. Ben Dover's Naturally Cured, brandy flavored, Plug Chewing Tobacco. Dux gave her a beautiful splash-proof cast iron spittoon with hand painted bullseye for her last birthday. Not to be outdone, I gave her a year's supply of Kremlin Brand Sudsless tooth powder and a large genuine imitation walrus ivory handled horsehair toothbrush. There were tears of joy in those big, red bloodshot eyes I can tell you.

Sorry about the deluge Dux. Perhaps if it continues like this for several more days you may be able to cast a line while comfortably seated in that restored 3-holer?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019