Folks,

MG:

Wrinkled or not the old DC3 was a venerable aircraft to be sure. Some are flying to this day. They must be quite reliable when properly maintained. The famous Rock & Roll/ Country Western star Rick Nelson and his band were flying in one when it crashed and burned killing them all.

"Only Angels Have Wings" also starred Noah Beery and Thomas Mitchell. Noah Beery was the son of that well known actor and child hater (one of the things he shared with our pal WC) Wallace Beery who had starred with Archie Leach and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. in "Gunga Din".

Mitchel had quite a long co-starring career in Hollywood and later on TV. You will recall that he played Scarlet's father in "GWTW". He had his own TV show in the 50's in which he portrayed the great N.C. author of short stories and one of my own idols, O'Henry. Remember "The Gift of the Magi"?

Dux:

Did you ever get a chance to watch my IL-2 sim-film? It is no more than you'd expect for a first attempt but I'd appreciate your constructive input. If you've lost the address for that I can send it in an e-mail. Jens is an old hand at making those and he has been kind enough to offer some useful comments. So useful in fact that I have not had the nerve to make another one... wink

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019