Folks,

Dux:

You are far too kind. Frankly I'd sooner take my chances with 10 or 20 more 110s.

I had heard about the AI pilots eating a dirt sandwich when they are taken down low in a furball but I thought that bug was fixed already. I have not seen it in BoB2 myself. Of course when I get that low I am usually on fire, under silk or about to crash land.

I believe that you asked if we had plans for a holiday this summer. Honestly, we have the kids here every weekend and it is so pleasant and still new to us here by the river that we have made no plans this year.

It is always exciting here. We killed a 3 foot long copperhead that was terrorizing Lady T. on the side porch this morning. These pit vipers are our most prevalent venomous snake and they are found all across the state except on our Outer Banks. I will cheerfully pick up and relocate a non-venomous snake but a venomous snake that size is more than I care to handle.

I have never been much afraid of any North American snakes of any species. I respect them for what they are. They are just as much a part of the balance of nature as we are. Mostly if you leave them alone they will not bother you.

I am concerned when I know there is a venomous snake close by but unseen. Copperheads have been known to give a 'dry' bite in that they inject no venom. They do not consider man prey and they are saving their venom for the hunt. This you cannot count on of course. Some snakes are more generous with their venom than are others. With youngsters about dispatching the creature, while unfortunate, was the best thing we could do. It was a magnificent animal both in size and in coloration, clearly showing its distinctive hourglass markings.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019