Folks,

Happy Valentine's Day Readers!

It is my hope that you will all be able to spend at least part of the day with someone who loves you.

C51 and I have been pondering the meaning of life again. Paying your taxes can bring one to ponder thoughts like that...and certain others.

The highly educated C51 quoted something from Dylan Thomas, Wale's greatest poet and,I, wanting to show off my own vast knowledge of poetry,typed:

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Did I say 'vast'? OK my knowledge is only 'half-vast' depending entirely on how you pronounce it. We will not tell him that this is the full extent of my memory of that famous poem. Let him be greatly impressed and then perhaps he will not interrogate me further and risk forever marring that lofty impression. Even chilly Canadians must have their heroes.

According to the 900,000 page HWH Handbook, 1940 New un-abridged Edition, in 85 leather bound volumes, Dylan Thomas was a neurotic, sickly child who shied away from school and preferred reading on his own. Alas, that sounds far too much like my own childhood for me not to wonder where I went so terribly wrong. No one in their right mind would read my poetry....perhaps this is why I have never written any?

I suspect that people selling genuine Ark blueprints on e-Bay are doing a brisk business today. We have just been submerged in almost 24 hours of almost steady rain. Despite that, the Ouija Board crowd say that we need almost 25 more inches of rain before June to alleviate the worst drought conditions in this state's recorded history. Doubtless it has happened before at some point in time. I wonder if such a drought might have played a part in the saga of the "Lost Colony"? No one is really sure why they disappeared or where they went.

Hmmmm. We might say the same for Old Dux. I'm guessing he has gone birding and somehow lost his way. How this can be is beyond me. Leaving a steady trail of empty ale bottles behind to follow on his return has always worked so well in the past. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019