Folks,

Dux:

Is it Sunday already? Drat! Where the heck did this week go? ;\)

Gone fission..ROFL \:D

Congratulations. To date, I have never seen even one of those rare birds. I thought I'd spied one of the incredibly elusive Ever-Flashing U-235 Birds rumored to have been brought here by the jet stream from Chernobyl. However, to my dismay, it proved to be nothing more than a Robin eating a rather large lightning bug. I was radioactivity free but depressed for days.

As you've probably read, P2 and I are discussing the open source version of SDOE and how C51 and I might acquire it. From what I've read, a torrent download can take 12 hours or more with a DSL connection. I continue to struggle with a dialup connection so I'd guess that would mean the same file would take up to 40 days and 40 nights on my computer.

With P2's help, I've located the down-loadable SDOE file and it is almost 3 GB in size including 10 years of mods. It also states in the download info that the installer will set Win 98 emulation or whatever. That indicates to me that this setup may be for Win 2000 or XP. This ain't gonna be easy is it? I really would like to have SDOE. For one thing because it also has a stand alone add-on WW1 game. So far no matter what I try I cannot get FCG to coexist with my Radeon.

How is the guitar? Any more problems with that?

I sat about thrashing a few unruly JU 87s this afternoon. They simply will not leave those RADAR installations alone. I bagged 3, and for the first time, I clearly heard the infamous Stuka grunt. I do not know if that is modeled in the new BoB WOV but it crops up now and again in the Rowan/BDG Bob.

When I heard the grunts we had been violently maneuvering and I was close enough on the tail of the Stuka to clearly see the nude pinup of Goering taped to the instrument panel. The rear gunner was not firing, he was apparently suffering from acute lead poisoning.

Friends, the grunting sounds reminded me of something you'd hear standing in the middle of a Zebra herd on the plains of the Serengeti during mating season. Or perhaps the sounds you'd hear in the elephant house of any metropolitan zoo on enema day. Very odd that. Many have reported hearing it.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019