Folks,

It has been over a week now since I darkened these doors or typed even a single letter of the alphabet. As was expected, and as it should be, no one has noticed. ;\)

It is even longer since our august pal Dux staggered in and took a nap in his private over-stuffed chair placed respectfully in the farthest corner of the HWH officers bar. I would begin to worry were it not for the fact that I'm sure that he is away playing a gig somewhere or just sleeping the last one off in some Derbyshire constable's slammer. He'll soon pop in as thirsty as ever.

Of course there is the slight chance that he has been shot down, however, I saw Olga yesterday (from a safe distance). She always hears of these things before I do and she was not wearing black.

I've not done much with BoB this past week for various reasons. Therefore there are neither exciting stories to tell nor are there any truthful ones. I did fly a quick mission in MiG Alley a few moments ago and obviously I survived to tell about it. Navigation has always been a common complaint about MA. I have finally learned how to RTB without too much trouble. Today I flew the F51 and managed to shoot down 2 Yaks that blundered into the empty space that I was shooting toward. Too bad for them. There will be two empty chairs in the mess across the Yalu. They both blew up. There were no chutes. The advantageous use of throttle and flaps make quite a big difference when MiG hunting.

Our Canadian pal C51 recently mentioned in an e-mail that he had a hankering to fly the P51D but alas he had no sim that modeled that particular aircraft. I recommended MA (because of the F51) which I understand can be found and downloaded for free somewhere on the net. The needed patches are said to be obtainable for free as well. Jane's WW2 Fighters is also a good one for flying the P51 but that might be difficult to find. Perhaps there are other newer titles? Isn't the P51 modeled and flyable in IL2 Dux? I think C51 has that sim.

I have always wondered why neither the Rowan boys nor the BDG wizards modeled a scramble scenario into the original version of BoB. That is classic BoB stuff you know. Perhaps that is corrected in WOV? Is it Dux? Anyone? \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019