Folks,

Holiday Greetings Dux:

Yes, I suppose that you are right as usual. I was being generous and perhaps I was also fantasizing a bit. I remember well when this was a busy place until around the holidays when things quieted down.

You as the singular exception have stuck with us over these almost 8 years (as of April of 09) and I appreciate that more than you know. So, as long as you stick with us old chap along with the occasional visit by MG and a few others I will stick too.

It has been a lot of fun over these 8 years. According to the view counters we have many readers who do not post. We have averaged as many as 400 per day the past year and that was down to about 250 in November. We typed less in Nov. due to the move to the river house and the holidays took their normal toll. We'll see how that goes for Jan-March in '09.

If you are of the opinion that our eighth anniversary is the proper time to wrap HWH up in a neat bow and mail it to SNAFU's survivors care of general delivery Maryland, USA then so it shall be on or about Friday, April 24, 2009. Think on it my loyal friend. I would want, nay, I would demand, to continue our interesting conversations by daily e-mail of course.

We welcome any reader comments as well, either pro or con. Yes, Dux, that does seem to open the doors to comments from our pals the lovely ladies of the evening and convicts alike. smile

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019