Folks:

C51 wrote to me just this morning:

Quote: "congratulations to us on the anniversary of HWH. This must be some kind of world record. I think you deserve the Victoria Cross for that accomplishment, after all you are the one who kept it alive almost single handedly at times. It is a credit to your energy, personality, human kindness, dedication, and numerous other qualities which I cannot even spell. Try as I might I have not been able to make it home much before midnight any day this week, so my intentions of dropping into the forum to send us a message were naught but paving stones on the road to hell. If you are posting please pass on my apologies with the forwarded celebratory wishes. I will shamefully accept whatever punishment I am dealt for deserting my comrades in the time of revelry, which is slightly more serious than deserting them in the time of battle. Although it is a lame comment, I am there in spirit."

Is me face red Dux? Methinks C51 gives me far too much credit for doing precisely what I love to do. Modesty prevents him from taking the credit due for his own efforts over the years. Especially since he can no longer access the Internet at home.

May I say that I have not forgotten all the help that the steadfast Dux and his creation Olga have given us over these past 7 years and especially so during the heavy moments just after my wife's recent stroke. Take a well deserved bow Dux, considering the number of hits this year the applause should be deafening. Bravo!

That stuff Olga was handing out yesterday was aftershave? Not a bit of it .... that was pure industrial grade sludge remover of the very first order. Do you remember that old guano and rust encrusted wheel barrow left down in the dank and moldy archives? Yes, the very one that was pressed into service by the man-sized bats when they dug their first tunnel into the base blood bank?

Well, here's what happened: I sprinkled a few drops of Olga's smelly concoction on it and then, stepping back a safe distance, I hit it with a single icy cold bucket of stinky, stagnant water from the moat. There was a a loud report, a flash, the pungent odor of ozone stung my nose, and a great deal of foaming and popping commenced. I became afraid that the blast and all the shaking would bring down HWH Hall. I was about to flee back up those 3,000 crumbling steps when the mist finally cleared. To my amazement, the previously filthy thing was now steaming a bit but spotlessly clean. Of course the rubber wheels had melted but they can easily be replaced.

In other useless news, perhaps of interest to just you Dux; just yesterday I retrieved a thick tome from the public library where it was inexplicably languishing away, gathering dust and apparently unnoticed by the library patrons and readers of Lizard Lick. I know of your avid interest in the history of the colonies and I thought you might want to read it too? The title is "Savage Kingdom" sub-titled: "The true story of Jamestown, 1607, and the settlement of America". The author is a Londoner by the name of Benjamin Woolery. Among his several other works is an unusually intriguing title: "The Queen's Conjurer; The science and magic of Dr. John Dee, Adviser to Queen Elizabeth I". I have never heard of Dr. Dee... wait, my wife's first cousin is called Dr. Dee ... nope just a coinkidinky, he cannot possibly be that old. ;\)

I begin the 469 page story today. I will let you know what I think of it. I plan to seek out that other title as well.

OK, enough celebrating. Someone please grab a broom and sweep up the 5 feet of confetti, I'll get that wheel barrow and begin carrying out the unconscious bodies and empty bottles. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019