Folks,

Dux:

Whether you measure time by the clock, or by the glass, as we do here at HWH, almost seven years is a lengthy time of any single thread...a long time for many entire forums. It matters not one jot what we do here to anyone but us perhaps, and for me, that is usually quite enough. I do freely admit that I delight in seeing those view counters roll over and over each month just as you do however I have to also admit that at least once in a while that the complete lack of stories being posted by others for us founding members to read is of some slight disappointment.

Exceptional! You are the HWH limerick king of the day Pal. There just isn't another one in me. If you doubt me, my wife has just shown a bright light in my ear to have a good look around and she totally agrees that there is nothing in there. Hey! The relief showing on everyone's face after I typed that is just a tad disheartening ... You ungrateful swine, I apologized in advance for that awful mess that I wrote. ;\)

OK, back to my turkey rolling practice. Why not the more authentic cheese rolling contest? Simple, although we looked all over Lizard lick and the surrounding county I could not find a big, round cheese that I could either lift or afford.... Our Thanksgiving is next week. So large, frozen turkeys are conveniently light, cheap and plentiful. Yes, frozen turkeys are best for rolling. We learned last year, by a lengthy and painful process of elimination, that frozen turkeys not only roll better than the live variety, they also make much less of a fuss about it. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019