Folks,

Dux:

Yes, you are an old muck raker. Bigger? Bigger than your what? ;\)

What can I say? Garbage cans and dustbins are larger than chamber pots and quill pens.... OK, it is merely an optical illusion. Walk just into the next room. Squint your eyes and stand on your head looking at your computer screen through a mirror. Now, doesn't his 'gong' look much smaller?

C51 has always maintained that his...er...gong is bigger than just about everyone's. That has been the subject of many heated conversations and not a few out and out drunken brawls. It was but days before your arrival at HWH Hall that this bit of shameless braggadocio first brought about quite a few guffaws and not a little sneering from the doubtful boys gathered at the Hall to solemnly celebrate some relegious holiday I believe. When the money began to land on the bar I slipped outside. I was not about to take any unnecessary risks with my own ill gotten gains. So I myself went forth and poled the 200 or so surviving women (no pun intended) who would admit that they had ever gone out with C51.

According to way too many females claiming to be an eye witness, far too many to ignore, secretly consulted before the betting actually began, there was at least enough circumstantial evidence to instantly stop the betting if not all the snickering. Today, envy seems to have replaced doubt when C51 makes those boastful statements, particularly so since his heroic 2 week tryst with none other than Olga holed up in that now infamous upstairs apartment over the Prince and Polecat. You arrived on station at the beginning of the second week of that monumental endevour, as I recall. I also seem to recall that the screams of pain and animalistic pleasure emanating from far above us made us old timers just grin and genuflect while it almost completely put you, the new boy, right off your drink.

More fine photos and information. Looking at a pile of wreckage and picturing the craft prior to destruction and the exciting crash itself is one thing. Knowing something about the doomed pilots and crew is quite another. It brings the whole crash site into an entirely different and far more respectful and somber perspective. Thanks for posting them my friend.

There seem to be way too many crash sites in your area. Have the homing beacons and RADAR at Heathrow been tampered with again? Do you dare go out in the open without fear of being hit by falling aircraft parts? Not to put too fine a point on it, Old Sod, but I cannot help but notice that those chaps wearing knit watch caps have appeared in all your photos. Is it possible that they may be downing these aircraft in some mysteriously diabolical way, not apparent in the photos? They have a guilty look if you ask me....and of course you did not. ;\)

Hmmmmm. Isn't that a tail wagging JRT (Jack Russel Terrier) I see being physically restrained in the middle photo? Feisty little breed. Perhaps he just jumps up and pulls the planes down by the tail? You could be a hero Dux. I'd have the authorities check that possibility out. But under no circumstances tell them that I sent you.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019