Folks,

The new patch certainly has everyone justifiably excited even without the Tiger Moth. Those screen shots by Bader are well worth looking at until you can make some of your own.

Dux:

Hopefully you have everything up and running by now and the new BDG version has made the good even gooder.....better. Our Canadian pal C51 writes that his older system cannot take any more downloads. He will continue to run WOV without the new patch for the time being. He sends his regards and seems to be tolerating the enforced leisure of summer vacation rather well.

He is heading off into the wilds of greater Ontario next week for a combination camping/outhouse contemplation, major insect bite tolerance testing and water color artist's seminar. This has somehow become an annual event. I do hope that he can stay out of Poison Ivy this year. Last year she gave him something that it took several shots of industrial grade penicillin to cure. They don't call her 'Poison' Ivy for nuthin'. ;\)

I've been trying to find a flash drive that will work with Win98SE. It ain't easy. I'm not only dealing with an antiquated OS but USB 1.01 instead of 2. Once was the time that these drives came bundled with a Win 98 driver, but no more. There are 3rd party drivers available for download online but they may not work with every brand of drive.

A jump drive might be an option but I really want a gig or two of storage and I don't think that is available with a jump drive? I'd upgrade to Win 2000 but the old HDD hasn't room for a bigger OS at the moment...thus the desire for the flash drive in the first place. At present I'm backing up all my PS graphics, e-mails, sound files etc. on 15 100 MB zip disks and then burning a CD or two when I get enough MB saved.

Now, when there is so much activity on our thread due for the most part to the new patch, would be an excellent time for another installment in the Olga Sagas Dux ...... (pregnant pause while Dux contemplates turning off his computer).

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019