Folks,

Dux:

Your post indicates that at the very least the Tiscali powers that be are more than aware of the problem and seem to be doing nothing about it. Broadband is however the way of the future and I recommend it to all. I hope to have it one day myself.

As I read your post and re-read my last it struck me how many connections we have to the old country and how many English place names there are just in the state of NC. Raleigh, is our state capital, our oldest town is Bath. At Bath the famous pirate Edward Teach or Blackbeard lived for a spell. We have a Halifax and Plymouth and of course the outdoor drama "The Lost Colony" is reenacted every summer where it actually happened. There are Indian place names like Roanoke, Ocracoke, Toisnot, and Aurora sprinkled in and our largest city, Charlotte is named for a German Queen. Charlotte is the largest banking center in the states I believe and is called the "Queen City". OK OT and mightily boring, right? Sorry. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019