All,

Greetings fellow HWH'rs!

Sorry to have fallen off the face of the keyboard world but alas feeding the family has yet again crept into a long list of priorities.
Spending the entire work week at a project meeting in the gloomy city of Minneapolis Minnesota makes for a loooooooooong week indeed. It was in the low 40's, totally cloudy and it rained every day.

JR2 I was abruptly reminded of you sir upon landing in the twin city as the pilot slammed the Airbus onto the runway so hard I expected the tires to pop. :p

As you noted JR2, it has certainly gotten quiet around here and around the BoB and WOV forums overall. However I dont think there is a need for concern about the forum or even HWH fading into the darkness just yet. I think available time to play the game, what is going on with the games development and the time left over to get online, drives how much activity there is generally.

It is fairly well accepted that the BoB forums are a bit more mature [age]than others like IL2. The youngins have a crapload of time on their hands as compared with many of us with kids and major job responsibilities. The BDG chaps are using their time on WOV. I think these factors are driving the traffic more than anything.

Hopefully WOV will be a big success. Judging strickly from how far the BDG brought the game, a complete development house should be able to do even better. It is hard to tell given the manner in which they have elected to deal with the game in public.

From my perspective alone, even if not one more word were left on these pages the experience has been amazing. For perfect strangers to become virtual friends and to keep a daily line of communication open between ourselves for four years is well... I dont know exactly. But whatever it is, it has not been nearly matched anywhere else as far as I have seen.

I think anyone interested in HWH is glad, as am I that there are folks here like you who have always tried to keep the lights on when others have not not been able to come. That said dont think you are gonna spend all your time up at the welcome tent.

There is a damned war on you know and the Germans need all the targets they can get. ;\)

It's a lovely Sunday morning here. We have plans to work on USS SNAFU and then off to the kids Lacrosse games.

Grab a

Have a great day fellows!

TALLY HO!