Folks,

Dux,C51, Everyone:

I see that we are only a few posts away from the much discussed 5,000 posts milestone. There had been serious talk in the past that, with the disappearance of our Fearless Founder SNAFU, 5,000 posts might be the right time to shut down this incredible thread. Doing that, we might start a brand new thread. However the consensus seems to be that we should continue on to see how long HWH can run, and that is the current plan. Naturally, I would prefer to see many others posting their WOV experiences here daily but with or without that, as long as we have so many readers, we three can keep things rolling.

I just read the interesting article from guod on page one about the present and future of SimHQ. I urge everyone to read it. Now we understand why there were problems loading pages and we understand other things, important things, regarding the future of our forum. Read it, it is well written and informative. There is even a clarifying paragraph regarding PPV and membership by subscription. The tenth anniversary of SimHQ comes next month and there is a sentence or two regarding plans for that.

Dux, C51:

Speaking of anniversaries. The 7th anniversary of the inception of the original HWH thread will roll around on the 24th day of April, 2008. I am doing all I can to reach SNAFU. No luck so far. If we are here I think we should plan some sort of celebration. Any comments? Any suggestions?

Dux, do you think Olga might be over her little spat with you by April? Or perhaps I should also ask if you think you will be recovered from your injuries by then should she catch you? Whatever, it would be fun to have her drop by to raise a flagon with the boys. We should do what we can to invite all the previous beermaids. That would be a crowd since we have at least 365 new ones every year. We should invite at least those who have not been placed in a nunnery or private institution.

I'll even send an en-grave-ed invitation to the leader of those man-sized bats living down in the musty, dusty HWH archives. We'll have to restrict the festivities to the dark hours and provide a special beverage for her but although that could be painful and somewhat draining for the dog, it is certainly possible. It is, after all, the neighborly thing for us to do.

I plan to do something special to mark the coming of our 5,000th post as well. Perhaps we shall strike a medal or a commemorative coin? At least consider posting a new story if you have the time.

Oh, and Dux, safe or not, perhaps it would be best if you did not muster out tomorrow morning still in drag. The last time the Col. saw something like that they had to increase his medication. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019