Folks,

Another dreary looking day unseasonably warm for December. The average high is 55° F. Current temp is 67°F. The record high is 80° F. in 1998. The recorded low 05° in 1989. Quite a spread. There is a flood warning in affect and rain is on the way from the south. We are not in an area that floods.

Thanks very much guys. His congratulations are welcome and well deserved.

Jens, we are too far south to be troubled with long days of dark here. Yet the days do grow noticeably shorter the closer we get to the midwinter solstice. The sun will officially set at 4:59 PM today. It rose this morning at 7:04 AM.

OG, I'm glad you are flying these days. My son is looking for another scope for his .308 Remington Woodsmaster. It has a inexpensive Tasco scope on it. I don't think price is a real consideration. He has a better and more powerful rifle (Win Mag) with a mid range priced scope as well. For some reason (possibly recoil) he hunts mostly with the .308.

Too bad he does, this year he has mostly been presented with best targets close to or exceeding 400 yards. The best was a ten pointer, the worst an 8. He was called out by a friend in DOT one morning this past week to end the suffering of a young nubbin buck that had been struck by a car but not killed. It was standing it's ground beside the road in grievous pain but unable to walk. My boy did end his suffering with the .308 but did not much like the necessary job. The meat will not go to waste. It will be distributed to the needy.

The turkey is finally gone from our table. Only the bones remained yesterday. They'll be used for stock. Turkey is a gift that keeps right on giving. I hope that you and yours had a Thanksgiving to remember and that you enjoy the many treasures of this holly day season both physical and especially those of the heart.

I wish that for everyone and their family who come here past, present and future. It is, as Jens observed, December. HAPPY HOLIDAYS🎄🎁

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019