All,

Geezz, you fellas have opened discussion on a few topics I can't even begin to comment on. I see a need to go back to school with the depth of the conversing occuring here. Facinating none the less.

Without any offense meant to anyone, how bout a few stories about playing BoB.

JR2, I am back from leave and ready to take on the Luftwaffe over our beloved England once again. My new pc lives and at it's heart, the AMD XP1800 is a beast to be sure. Last night I turned on the rig and the lights in our neighborhood dimmed for a few seconds. You are correct. Heat is an issue with AMD but mine appears to be running reasonably well (45-52C under load). Just took 3 case fans, a CPU fan that could blow dry your hair, A chipset fan, fan on video card. That's 6 fans. Kinda silly but what the heck. It does scream and that was the goal.

Havent loaded BoB yet. Did a clean Win98SE install so lost BoB. I am not looking forward to all the time it will take to rebuild the game the way I had it, mods and all. As much as I want to see how it runs on the new rig, I decided BoB is way to tempermental to be a good test game for a brand new system. And dont worry, while IL2 should run real well on the new rig it will never take the place at the top of the list from BoB. It is purely, IMO an online game and a game to have fun dog fighting with. It has no real campaign and as such can never overcome BoB as my favorite game. I will begin putting BoB back on the Hdd Tuesday evening with any luck.

JR2, I must admit that in my haste to complete my pc overhall I totally forgot to back up a few things. One was your wonderful header page for HWH. If you would be so kind, please forward your most recent version to my email address. I want to get that posted here asap. Thank you in advance.

TALLY HO!

TALLY HO!