Folks,

MG:

It is about time we heard from you regarding your experiences with BoB2 and RoF rattling around in that brand new box. Windows 7 seems to be more stable than any other Windows from the comments I have read. Having personally been through the teething pains of 3.1,98, and XP not to mention all those I have no or little experience with, it is high time they got that OS right. If the admin. problem is the only glitch you have encountered with a brand new OS and BoB2 I'd say the BDG boffins, Bill's boys and certainly you deserve a big cheer.

As you know, those rickety old planes were tricky to fly, especially the Camel. The beauty of virtual flying is that no matter how scattered the pieces are after you touchdown, you can fly it again right away. You will have a DFC or Blue Max in no time at all or I'll be much surprised.

That new box must be lightning fast and fantastic. What are the detailed specs? You've worked hard this year and certainly you have earned it but still I envy you, I really do.

Ida and the resulting nor'easter she spawned have been giving us quite a beating over the past several days. We've received well over 4 inches of rain and the north wind has been screaming by the windows. The rain has finally tapered off but the wind advisory stands until 6 AM Friday.

The whole family has been sick with one bug or another. I hope no one has the new H1N1 flu but so far it has been next to impossible to get the vaccine. There have been long lines and short supplies. Only those in 'high risk' categories are allowed the shots. By the time we get ours it may be too late as a period of time between the inoculation and becoming immune is required. Now they say there have been 4,000 deaths rather than just over 1,000. It is a typical perhaps deadly SNAFU.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019