Folks,

HK:

Delightful! This recklessness almost seems better fitted to the early flying days of WWI than to the grim days of WW2. These are brave men indeed.

At first blush your pilot seemed hard to like. Now I still do not particularly like him but I have developed a healthy respect for his audaciousness and raw nerve. A few short wars back, that and a bit o'luck was good enough to get you a Marshall's baton from that old shorty Napoleon. So perhaps Herr Goring will notice this extraordinary officer and post him to Berlin where he'll be put in charge of something vital like leading the crew that polishes the Brandenburg Gate? If so, this might mean your gunner will survive the war.

Dux:

Remember how we warned FF SNAFU more than once about cross dressing as an infantryman just so he could meet that woman marine under those very towers? I think the mystery of his sudden disappearance may have just been cleared up...

Hmmmm. You know, SNAFU had absolutely no clue what those towers were actually for. I once asked him his opinion and he said he thought they were used to hang out laundry. Pity, the Germans will take him as an experten and probably build the world's largest clothesline. ;\)

Mad:

Hic! I have just managed to stagger over here after I set most of the important parts of my Spitfire down in Farmer Drubbin's pig sty. We returned from a very productive mission. To my certain knowledge, between the two Duxes and myself, in this last sortie alone, we have just shot down 130 Stukas and about 50 109s. Wait, I think I saw two Duxes? I must have done, for I see two of you right now....Here, have a snort...No, I'll hold onto the bottle this time.

The war will be over by Christmas..hic!

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 02/23/07 09:26 PM.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019