Folks,

C51-Dux:

I've been a bit down these past few days and I am only now beginning to rise out of the shadows. Reading your posts is a tonic.

I agree that it must have been an amazing experience going up in that ultra-lite. I'm excited just reading what you typed. The pics are just great. See if you can release the death-like grip on the instructor with at least one hand to get a pix from the air next time. ;\)

Obviously you did strap that thing onto your ample backside Dux, and we can clearly see two cushions (one of which has recently been washed). The pix shows there is just room for two yet I have to wonder how you managed to cram yourselves into that tiny cockpit? Perhaps a good rubbing with Vaseline was needed or some other light lubricant?

I have always thought of ultra-lites as single seaters and wondered how one learned to fly them. To me, it seems a rather small craft for a two-seater. As Schwarzenegger is reputed to have complained to a hopeful Twiggy, "I dunno, it looks like a mighty tight fit to me." \:\)

Thanks for your e-mail C51 and for yours Dux. March is upon us southerners as well Dux, and today we have those traditional March winds. Gusts up to 30 MPH. It is otherwise a day of blue skies and moderate winter temps. The buttercups and Bradford pears are already in full bloom. All the trees seem to be budding out already. A sharp frost is not all that unusual at this time of year and that could do a lot of damage to the tender vegetation.

NC is a great place to live. One of these days perhaps Dux you can hop over in your ultra-lite and C-51 can jump onto his skateboard-ski board combo and pay us a visit. The Lake Matamuskeet area of NC is considered to be one of the best birding areas in the entire country. Who knows how many reams of impossible to spot ticks you might manage there? We have a thriving birder population in the state and many members of the Audubon Society. You accomplished chaps would be welcomed with open arms I am sure. As for me, I will continue to struggle on, barely able to distinguish a chicken from a duck unless of course it is in the water.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019