Folks,

SNAFU:

Eight degrees F.? I bet when it gets that warm in Canuckland C51 puts on his fleece-lined bathing trunks and goes swimming. Nope. Even though it's a heated area it's been too cold to work in my shop to mess with the computer. I'll take a crack at it tomorrow. Playing BoB without sound means I don't hear myself scream all the way down anymore. I got the printer working again.

Your dog must stay inside? Our big dog sleeps outside every night and sometimes he prefers to lay on the frozen ground and get covered in snow rather than go into his cozy, insulated barrel doghouse. I declare this morning it was a nippy 19 degrees F. and he acted like he was stuck to the ground. When he got up to greet me there was a clear imprint of his warm body melted right into the frozen yard. He does not seem to mind the cold. He does wisely retreat from the biting winter winds however.

The outdoor cats hate the cold and JayDee loves it...up to a point. He has a concealed "burrow" in every room in the house except the bathrooms and the kitchen. These consist of a stout over ferret sized plastic box with a hole made in it which is fitted with a round Quaker Oats box for an entrance. Inside all the boxes are filled with clean shredded newspaper. He burrows into that, hollows out a nest and stays warm and snug all day and all night.

Occasionally he climbs up into bed with us at night. Although we usually make him welcome he seldom stays for very long because he says my constant snoring keeps him awake. I have a news bulletin for Mr. light sleeper, he snores worse than I do. And on top of that everyone who cohabits with a ferret will tell you they are by nature very itchy creatures. Every thirty minutes or so he jumps up like a Chinese fireman going to a drill and runs around scratching like he just discovered a battalion of voracious fleas has bivouacked on his tail. That is only in his mind because, thanks to "Advantage" his coat is always parasite free. Nevertheless all this jumping up and scratching during the night makes him an unpleasant bedfellow.

It will be much warmer tomorrow so C51 you will not have to hear our pitiful complaints much longer. Someone might even get back on topic for a change and type out a story....someone might.....DUX where be ye?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019