Folks,

SNAFU! You continue to be counted amongst us the living. Pardon me while I jump for Joy. Drat, Joy got up and went home. Ah well, I've just risked kicking over the goldfish bowl again dancing a happy jig.

Wow, some people are just wallowing in good fortune. What a computer you will have. Please tell us IL2 will not be garnering all your time now that you can whip it into submission.

With that much CPU power you may have certain problems. When you pop the switch on that sucker always look out a window to see if any power poles have been sucked into the house. They run pretty hot too. The fastest CPUs run so hot now that they have heat sinks as large as my wife's first home-made buttermilk biscuit and my first HDD (20 meg).

Don't forget lots of fans and plenty of ventillation. All the new boxes are good. One of those nifty liquid nitrogen cooling systems would be a nice gift for our SNAFU folks if you're so inclined. It will keep him posting here and can even keep his beer cool in a pinch.

Keep us posted.

Old Dux:

Evoking the writings of the great Catholic historian, eh?

I seem to remember...

“Because my faltering feet may fail to dare
The first descendant of the steps of Hell
Give me the Word in time that triumphs there.
I too must pass into the misty hollow..." something, something, sorry.

Or perhaps:

"I challenged and I kept the Faith,
The bleeding path alone I trod;
It darkens. Stand about my wraith,
And harbor me--almighty God."

I happen not to be Catholic myself, although several of our friends and acquaintances are. I’m Southern Baptist by trade. Yes, some of us New World heathens claim at least a smattering knowledge of religion.

We in the colonies regularly visit the church of our choice for weddings, funerals, christenings, annual fund raisers, fried fish, barbecued chicken and spaghetti dinners, or what you clever Britts call “jumble sales” and bazaars. On occasion we sit fidgiting, thinking of football, through the odd soul stirring sermon on Sunday.

Being Baptists, the very first thing we do on returning home from one of those glorious sermons is to brush all the fire and brimstone from our hair and clothing.

Like Mark Twain, I'd much rather go to church than to the Opera and the only thing I don't like much about the Opera is the singing.

Being a curious fellow by nature and not altogether uneducated beyond my own chosen faith, I did enjoy “Characters of the Reformation” (is that correct?). I once flipped a page or two of that dusty tome for some course or other.

I do love to read. My greedy mind causes my squinting bloodshots to graze across the pages of a good book like a starving sheep goes for a choise acre of Fescue.

Well chosen lines, Old Man, me thinks. Is there not a message there for all of us?

Usually my memory is like a Teflon coated sieve with a hole the size of a basketball in it when it comes to retaining and then reciting the works of the great writers. Why I do not know. Just something else I've forgotten, I suppose.

I easily remember less meaningful things like my sixth grade girlfriend's phone number and a verse like "Candy is dandy...but liquor is quicker."

Of coarse you must admit, that handy verse is so darn applicable and appropriate now that Valentine's Day draws near.

I suspect an off-beat tale of the great BOB written by none other than you Sir Dux may be waiting in the wings. Will it feature the return of the HWH prodigals in some unexpected, perhaps diabolical fashion? I eagerly await that post.

Hasta la vista amigo. Trabajo pronto por favor. Oops, sorry, I had Mexican food for dinner.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 01-19-2002).]