Folks,

Dux:

I'm no expert on Tennessee, however, I believe Lynchburg has always been noted for its hospitality. In fact, there hasn't been a lynching there in several weeks. The last one occurred when some 'furriegn feller' tried to put something besides pure branch water in his JD whiskey....!

The pheasant sounds mighty tasty. They are best when hung by the neck until the head rots off and the bird falls. The Japanese have a similar custom I believe. Haddon Hall....? There are so many. To which one do you refer? There is a retirement community here in NC by that name. They have quite a few old birds there.

There is the 12th century pile in the Peaks District of Derbyshire near you. that is reputed to be the most perfect house to survive from the middle ages. Hmmmmm. I'd guess you mean the latter. A nice partridge from there would be ever so nice. I understand that they are quite succulent especially when first tenderized by a good set of Michelins. wink

According to the 900,000 page HWH Handbook, that particular crumbling edifice continues to be used over and over in films. I think the latest was "Pride and Prejudice". As I recall seeing it in that film, it is a rather imposing, grayish fortified medieval manor house. The handbook notes that it is the home of Lord and Lady Edward Manners whose family have owned it since the year dot. Perhaps longer? Who said they didn't have manners back in the middle ages?

Your's being the last but not least, the feast invitations have all gone out and the guest of honor has been selected from a wide array of possible porcine candidates. It was with a great sigh of relief that the local Volunteer Fire Brigade, Clog Dancers and Barber Shop Quartet received notice by certified mail that I would not be frying a turkey this year. They can now go to their own celebrations without fear of being called out to extinguish another Thanksgiving blaze at my house.

They should not become complacent however...for the Christmas turkey frying season is just around the corner.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019