Good Day Gents,

Old Dux, CMF is a Bill Oddie term. I am too polite to translate it exaclty, but it stands for a bird, the sighting of which has cosmic significance to such an extent that it discombobulates the mind. The Black-throated Sparrow disappeared the very day I saw it, which makes me a very lucky birder indeed - very few Ontarians have seen one. I'd have to agree that the chopper flight to the Scillies is a bit steep, but it would be a productive trip, any chance of sharing the ride with a few wealthy friends?
How about considering a hop across the pond next May for a visit to Point Pelee? or Algonquin Park this winter for a few Boreal species?

JRT, I'll keep an eye out for a lie-low with a Jolly Roger penant and a deck load of wooden barrels. I'll be the fellow floating on an overturned double bass waving an empty wine glass. Don't look too closely, Lake Ontario is no creek, but in other ways it could qualify as said body of water.

Only moments ago I heard the umistakable sound of high powered aircraft, and rushed to the window in time to see an F-16 fly past, followed closely by an F/A-22. That was an exciting 3 seconds. We don't get a lot of fighter planes flying over Toronto. It looks like a run-through for the upcoming event. Here is a link to the show:

http://www.cias.org/

"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."