Folks,

A power supply dead and replaced and now here's even more good news. My ISP just informed me that as of Dec.1 they will no longer support dialup accounts. They have been bought by Earthlink and I must now switch to Earthlink at a higher unlimited rate or go elsewhere. I think I'll go elsewhere.

I'm about ready to go broadband anyway however this royally screws my schedule. I was planning to switch on Feb. 1 when my spy tells me the cable company will have a very special rate.

I am not crazy about loading the Earthlink software on my computer in the first place(especially AOL instant messenger) and I wonder how fast my dialup will be. I log on all the time now at 50666 bps which isn't blazing speed but not bad either. Anyone here using Earthlink? Any comments?

We are finally enjoying Fall around these parts. The leaves have suddenly changed colors in the last 2 weeks and the mercury has actually dropped into the mid 30s F. a night or two.

Fall is definately my favorite time of the year.... of coarse there is the springime with all that brilliant green stuff, and I love the Summer months when our little beach is so nice, the Winter around here ain't bad either, it's never too cold to stick your tongue to any flagpole, railroad rail or cold steel water pipe with any reasonable fear of getting yourself frozen stuck.

Hmmmm, I guess any time of the year is wonderful here in eastern North Carolina. Speaking of our state, I think we're going to visit Biltmore in Ashville for Christmas this year. We usually high tail it up I-95 to visit historic Williamsburg, Va. during the holiday season. That is always a special treat however this year we will be heading west instead. Happy Thanksgiving next week folks. If I don't see you again before the holiday, don't forget to pluck your turkey.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"