Dear oh dear, memories of walking past Ilsa's dwellings score plus years ago, in a side alley to the central station, only the most foolhardy entered that particular lair. Still shuddering at the thought.

On to more pleasant subjects.

Tonight I just watched an episode of The War of the Century and this particular episode was devoted to the Battle of Britain. I think I've watched that episode before because I remember a distincly similar discussion on the HWH bar-stools several pages back; Adolph and Fat Herman, a.k.a. Meier, bluffed with the invasion barges on the French side of the Channel, there was never the intention to invade, only to terrorise and subjugate England into accepting surrender, euphemistically referred to by Hitler as "peace".

As you asked for it, here are some specs regarding my new box:

Intel i7-920
Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
6 Gb RAM (Kingston)
nVidia GTX-275 w. 191.07

It is being reported that Windows 7 likes Ye Olde Games, so I really should get cracking with loading up FCG, MA and a host of other classics - the rub being that I can't seem to find the time!

Some of the time has been spent hunting down a couple of old out-of-print books from second hand vendors; if the information age and the internet has achieved nothing else, it has at least brought me here and put me in touch with people all over the world who share my interest for simulations, but I have also found people who share myw fondness for the same obscure bands, and for the works of my favourite author.

Today the first of my recent book purchases arrived in the mail, the one I was most anxious to obtain. I have looked at it a hundred times, opend it and turned the pages. It is in very good condition for a second hand book, and a great bargain at some total cost including shipping of £4.

Its called Bury Him Among Kings, by Elleston Trevor and is about WW1 and is in the tradition of All Quiet on the Western Front.

I can't wait to read it.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop