Folks,

Dux:

OT:

It will not quench the drought however we received a good 8 hour drenching last night. A real frog strangler across the entire state. No less than six tornadoes were reported south and south west of here during the early evening hours. No fatalities as far as I know. The remnants of Humberto from the south west coupled with a cold front from the north west bumping into prevailing winds aloft from the south made a real mess of things for a while. I am happy to report that it is a beautiful day today in Dixie. The scent of wet dirt for a change instead of dust is mighty pleasing.

You mentioning Olga reminds me; last I heard, Olga had a civilian job loading and cutting heavy blocks of English peat. I'm told she feels right at home in the marshy areas of England where she can catch all the frogs she can eat and strip down to her waist and plunge right in with the boys doing their honest toil.

About one man a day seems to be going missing from the crew of cutters. Though the company, Diddley and Twitt of London, has made several serious inquiries and recently sent a private investigator into the marsh, these disappearances have so far gone totally unexplained.

By the way, the funeral for the unfortunate investigator is being held on Tuesday.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019