Folks,

Dux:

I can't speak for the other fellows of course. I for one was just about to rip off a fiery letter of complaint along with my formal resignation to the forum admin. for apparently censoring your posts. I see that I was premature in that assumption and therefore grossly in error. Clearly I owe the powers that be an abject apology. Fortunately for me having lived with SWMNBN for over 40 years writing abject apologies is something I have a good deal of experience with.

The British and French fliers may surely lament the loss of further opportunities for racking up their personal scores due to your removing yourself from the fray. I am also disappointed. It was just such a pregnant post from our 'Fearless Founder' SNAFU notifying us that he was becoming more involved with a ground combat simulation ("Call of Duty" I think it was) that occurred right before his unceremonious final departure. Whatever the reason, he has not been back to post here since.

I understand the need for a break even from the beloved BoB. I have given in on several occasions to the attraction of something new to rekindle my simming excitement. I do not expect you will go MIA as SNAFU did however I will miss your interesting BoB or RoF posts with their excellent screen shots. I wish you luck with "Baldar's Gate". Hmmmm. 'Baldar'??

TRIVIA WARNING:

Wasn't 'Baldar' the name of the Conehead character on SNL and also in the Conehead movie? I can see you now dressed as Baldar sitting in a darkened room before your flickering monitor, your recently shined genuine plastic conehead fitted firmly to your brow and clearly reflected on the glass as your beady eyes strain and your fingers fly across the keyboard in an attempt to NARFTLE THE GARTHOK. Can we have screenies of that...paleeeeze?

OK I have consulted the 900,000 page HWH Handbook in 87 Corinthian leather bound volumes, every one hand stitched under water by Ethiopian Pygmies and according to the section on "Fictional Characters You May Not Remember" maybe it was 'Beldar'?

Close enough.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019