Folks,

Redband:

Your visits are all too infrequent. Thanks for popping in and for your friendly comments. You are always welcome. I will see if I cannot post a few more oldies very soon. I have recently checked the moldy archives and try as I may I cannot for the life of me find a single story written by you. This certainly must be an error on my part. If you have something you've saved please post it. I will continue to look as well and I am still at work drilling down into the original archive so I may well come upon something penned by you any day now.

Dux:

We have seen film of your deluge on TV of late. While you are setting about building arks, we are "enjoying" drought conditions over here. Except for a veritable deluge that fell upon us on Wednesday night there has been little rain so far this summer. Way too often in the past when we have seen these conditions we have had a a strong hurricane or two (sometimes 3) that make up the deficit by mid-September. I'd pass on that this year if it were left to me but our farmers do need more rain. This week we've had temps up around 97 F. or 36 C. That hell is forgotten this morning for it would be difficult indeed to find a more perfect day than we are having today in north eastern North Carolina. Temps around 28 C. with low humidity. Perfect hammock testing weather. So far I am delighted to report that my hammock has held up remarkably well under the most vigorous of testing. ;\)

Not to put too fine a point on it, I'd wait on going to the lake Pal. It sounds as if the lake is coming to you. Have a great fishing trip. Pop in on your return with a few pics of your pile of record sized Dover Sole or what ever. We'll all be checking our wardrobe for something that goes well with the green of envy. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019