Folks,

Dux:

It is indeed a mystery to me what has happened to our SNAFU. He has been MIA for two years at least without so much as a goodbye. His mother was ailing and he had many new duties attendant to that. He mentioned he was playing 'Medal of Honor" more than BoB at one point. These are just reasons, I know of no excuses. All attempts to reach out to our Fearless Founder, Mark Carroll, AKA SNAFU have come to naught. I'm guessing that although my e-mails are not being returned they are piling up in an inactive e-mail address that is no longer being checked. If anyone knows how to contact Mark/Snafu we sure would appreciate the info. Having said that, I'm sure that if he were interested he could find us. We even left a message for him on the old thread when we moved over here.

Odd isn't it how we are getting 400-500 hits per day and not one of those folks is taking a moment to even post a greeting much less a story about playing the game. Five hundred hits is not a big deal when some websites get millions of hits in a 24-hour period, however, when one considers the narrow appeal of what we offer here, I think it is amazing and I am flattered that so many find our typing interesting. But do they? Here's an idea, perhaps all these hits are just people browsing the forum for the first time or the surfing challenged souls who find themselves here completely by accident because they somehow Googled themselves in here? That could account for the hits and the certainly the lack of interest in posting.

Perhaps we should ask everyone who visits to log in by simply leaving their names, where they live and why they stopped by? It would be nice to know or perhaps it might be disappointing however I doubt if they would do it.

How was your birding in Sherwood Forest? What about my Gallows Oak question?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019