I for one would love to see a remake of 633 squadron. I loved the original although I agree the special effects were, even for the time, somewhat below par. It would be tough to find the Mosquitoes now though, the wooden structure was not conducive to lenghty survival. The de Haviland factory down the road from here produced mossies during the war, but there are none around here that I know of. The Mosquito was always a favourite of mine. Come to think of it, I doubt that a remake would ever be done.

I colleague of mine was taught to fly as a young girl by her father, a Polish Mosquito pilot in WWII. She tells me that at one point her father's Plane caught fire - not a great thing for a wooden aircraft - and so he started looking for a place to put it down. His co-pilot desperately wanted to bail out, but the pilot was a very cool customer and was sure he could find a landing place in time. A suitable spot was slow to reveal itself, so in spite of his insistance, the co-pilot could wait no longer and bailed. As he was leaving plane the pilot noticed that he wasn't wearing his parachute. A landing place eventually revealed itself and the plane was landed safely and the pilot escaped just before the Mosquito blew up and burned to a cinder. Coolness is such an important trait.

Indeed I am enjoying WOV, but with my limited rig there are some places I dare not go. As I said in the other post it can be a bit like flying a Defiant in the Battle of Britain. But then again there are some sweet moments. The stick I am using is a Saitek Cyborg USB gold. Not considered a great stick, but for the money I am very satisfied.

And what is this nonsense about David Hasselhoff's shorts in my locker? would you believe a man who would break into my locker in the first place to steal my little black book? for your info, they were in fact Daniel Hechter designer shorts - a gift from...let us say an acquaitance. Is someone exhibiting a touch of jealousy JRT? thanks for at least not liberating those.

"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."