Folks,

Dux:

Well, Dux I don't know about Bournemouth with an "e". It is probably a wonderful place in which to retire. As a retired person myself, I do have to wonder however where all those aging chaps who already live in Bournemouth with an "e" retire to.... ;\)

I seem to recall that Bournemouth with an "e" is on the Dorset coast and that there is a university nearby. To get there from sunny Derbyshire you can drive to Christschurch and hang a right, if I recall correctly. If you look closely at a map of this area there is a portion of the land that juts into the water from Christchurch and Burton down to Poole Harbor (harbour) that somehow reminds me of part of the coastline of the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

P2:

Thank you for the delightful link. It would seem that there are just as many prats in England as there are over here. Over here we are called idiots. I must admit that at first I was a bit surprised and slightly disappointed when I did not find my own photograph anywhere on the page. "Around the bush is a bird with no ears". That should give you birders a big chuckle Dux. It made me laugh. And these days, with Lady T so sick, any laughter at all is very much appreciated. Thanks P2.

Once years ago, when our son was still a small child, we were in the car heading to the mountains of NC for our vacation (holiday). Several miles along the way there came a loud whoop of laughter from Lady T. Intent upon some perceived transgression by another driver, I had completely missed the spoken comment made to her by our young son T. As soon as she could control her laughter, Lady T repeated what he had just asked her. He had, in all innocence asked, "Mom, why is it that the #@$%E&&XX idiots are only on the highway when Dad is driving? From the mouths of babes, eh?

Our good Scandinavian friend Jens continues to feed me additional information regarding SDOE. Even with his powerful system he gets the same freeze ups when he fires the guns. He has a much older, less powerful system handy on which he says SDOE runs smoothly with no stuttering or freezes.

Dux, do you remember that turtle ages ago when Rowan's first edition of BoB landed upon an unsuspecting public that it favored the slower, less state-of-the-art systems? Perhaps, old as it is, my system is just too robust for SDOE? Now that would be a left-handed compliment to be sure.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019