Folks,

Dux:

Hmmmm. You certainly make a very good point there regarding the clientèle. One that would be difficult, perhaps impossible to refute with a straight face sober.

Ordinarily I would be obliged to convey your frank message to old Snavely however as he was crossing the well worn cobbles in front of his establishment this very morning he was struck down by a runaway Clydesdale that had broken free of his traces pulling the Budweiser beer wagon that is over there for a fortnight on a promotional tour. I spoke to his distraught wife a few moments ago. He will recover I am told however it is doubtful if even the most adept plastic surgeons will ever be able to remove that giant horseshoe imprint from his forehead.

I'm told that due in part to the coming medical bills, unless someone starts drinking that wagon load of Porrittwell and Sypp that was just delivered only yesterday, it is highly unlikely that the P&P will remain open even until poor Sanvely returns from the agony of his hospital bed.

We thirsty regulars simply can't have that happen, so we are drawing straws right after opening time. Losers have to immediately start drinking that vile stuff you enjoy so much. Feel free to help out if you aren't too injured or too busy Chum. Even with that particular brand selling at half price it looks like we'll be there all night. Yes, well past closing time, as the grateful Snavely sends word he would rather risk his license than his pub. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019