Folks,

Dux:

Never report the obvious old chum. In the first place, the boys with egg on their hats will never see or believe it, and in the second, we could easily become the likely scapegoats when they do ignore the obvious and someone in the trenches must answer for it later.

I wonder how long 11 Group might be out of action? Chain Home reported several vics of enemy aircraft were headed their way. These were intercepted by our chaps and most of them wisely turned back after dropping their eggs in the sea. Two damaged 111s completely cut to pieces and trailing long black clouds of smoke, were seen limping on toward Kenly. When last seen they were in their finals, apparently in hopes of settling down on the cluttered field and surrendering.

I say, someone should at least fire a red very pistol shell, it seems beastly uncharitable to allow the unarmed Hun to blunder into an area under Olga's control without so much as a heads up. If word leaks out there might be reprisals and SNAFU is still sunning himself in one Stalag or another across the Channel. Plus, after the war, there could even be some tricky accusations of inhumane treatment of prisoners. Let us therefore consider our options.

Getting further off topic, happy Halloween to one and to all. I do hope that you did not forget to carve your pumpkin Dux. Leroy will bake some fine pumpkin pies out of our discards. We have had some rather chilling tales of the macabre penned by our members. Thinking back over the years I well remember your "Ghost Squadron" Dux. I wonder are those wild hares dancing in the moonlight again tonight?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019