Folks,

Jens:

Thanks for dropping in and for sharing your information and experience. Yes, your posts regarding WOV were and continue to be timely and most informative.

I did not mean to imply that the older version of BoB was in any way superior or even equal to WOV. Good Lord, no! What I meant to do was to ask those who know if C51 who apparently is in a situation where he can run WOV but cannot run any of the amazing features of WOV due to his aging system, would he be better off or as well off going back to BoB 1 which he can run full bore until an upgrade is possible? I gather from your post that WOV, even without its wonderful bells and whistles, is way better than BoB 1.

Neither Dux nor C51 have posted an opinion. I have no reason to dispute yours and no personal experience with BoB2 at all of course, however that is completely involuntary on my part as you will understand if you read my post on the previous page. I do not think that anyone with a firm grip on sanity would or could argue the point that the older version of BoB was preferable to the Shockwave version. As an honorary member of the BDG myself, I certainly am aware of the incomparable OSRAM and his boys and their inestimable and very generous contributions to this community for many years.

I came aboard just before the original Rowan/Empire release and I have seen many excellent improvements and worthy changes over the years. I love this game sincerely, and believe me, I would be happily running the latest version of BoB WOV with all its patches flying if I could. Of the three of us, C51, Dux and myself, I am the only one who does not actually own a copy of WOV, and for obvious reasons, that in no way should be construed to be a negative comment on my part regarding WOV.

All three of us have our own differing situations of course. Dux can run WOV but he needs a new video card to enjoy all its benefits. C51 needs a new computer but can run WOV with everything turned way down, I cannot even load WOV on my aged system. Clearly, upgrades are getting less costly, and in the fullness of time, we may all be in a position to enjoy WOV with all it's great refinements. Keep 'em coming!

From all that I can ascertain, Shockwave and the BDG have done a masterful job in bringing BoB roaring into the 21st century. We are all aware that this was no easy feat as PCs in all their delightful flavors are so richly customizable but so damn difficult to write universal code for. My sincere apologies to Mad and to the bright sparks of the BDG if anything other than that could be inferred from my previous comments. \:\)

I do love the friendly, informative banter on this forum. I cannot find it elsewhere.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019