Folks,

Dux,Jens:

My trusty old crate fully repaired and as ready as ever for action, I am delighted to report for duty. It took a new mouse and the installation of that Radeon 64 that our friend Stickman sent me from Hawaii over 2 Christmases ago to get her going again. I buried the old mouse with full military honors in the back garden today. There was not a dry eye in the several ranks of cats lined up to witness the ceremony. Someone had told them I was burying a mouse and their tears may have been tears of disappointment.

I had tried previously to get that Radeon to work but alas there was some sort of disagreement between it and my aged monitor. Today it is puffing out graphics like a champ now that I have a new monitor. It won't impress anyone else perhaps considering the newer cards from ATI but it is a big improvement for Moi. Thanks again Stickman.

We also tracked down the problem I was having with my sound/game card. It was not pressed down correctly into the slot. Now that this is sorted I can get BoB going once more. Doubtless the 8 times more video ram than was on me old card will come in handy Dux. Heeding your admonition, I gave the old fan another very good cleaning as well. That should stop the thing buzzing and me flailing away at a non-existent bee.

I'm sure this forum will be around well past my own 'sell by' date. If the readership continues in the 10K and up range and at least a few special friends like Jens, P20 and C51 keep dropping in to see you and me, we will carry on.

I was hardly gone at all, but the threat was real enough. I'm glad to be back. By the Oates chap I presume that you are referring to the brave fellow traveling with the doomed Scott expedition to the Pole in 1912 who sacrificed himself that his mates might live by stumbling out into the raging blizzard to freeze to death alone? None braver than he.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019