Folks,

From little acorns grow massive oaks. Here is Old Dux's premier story posted on the first page of the original HWH thread.

It was well received as I recall, and I'm certain that was because many of us sympathize with his complaint due to similar circumstances in our own happy homes. Of course, I myself am never hen pecked...I wouldn't put up with it...no indeed...I've found that if you really put your foot down...um.. in the right direction and move quickly to give your dear wife what she demands ASAP then you can do just about anything you wish without interruption right up to and until until she wants something else....

It Can Only End One Way
By: Old Dux
Original HWH
Page 1
4-26-01

Most of my sorties are punctuated by comments coming over the back of the settee;

Tamater drei, Tamater drei, Darling....
You take the fighters...we'll take the bombers, Cuddles....

He's had his wake up call, Dear....
They're shooting at us! Luvvy....

I'm running short of gravy here, Cherub....
Cherub!....Bloody Cherub???

There are primordial life - forms floundering about in the methane swamps of distant planets that are more cherubic than I am.

It can only end one way, of course. How did Tammy Wynette put it?
D-I-V-O-R-C-E........

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019