Folks,

Dux:

While I wait for your informative reply to my previous post, let me ask if any of you chaps are familiar with the delightful work of one Philip West? West is, in my estimation, an aviation painter of great skill to be ranked right up there with such greats as Robert Taylor.

I recently stumbled upon one of West's works in the form of a postal card. This painting titled "Winter of '45" had been cropped to fit and the majesty and scope of the the full painting that I later found online was even better than that of the card. Somehow I had never heard of Mr. West before receiving that delightful birthday card.

Google 'Philip West' and I'm sure that you can find several pertinent sites. On the website that I found there are many West painting sampled from biplanes to jets and one special rendering is titled "Spit Scramble". That one I have now downloaded and resized to fit my icon cluttered desktop.

Our Canadian pal C51 is back at work teaching kids which end of the horn to blow into to produce sounds that at least approximate music. He has downloaded "Delta Lady" for his school computer desktop. Funny, loving BoB as he does, I never figured him for the afterburner crowd ... of course, in addition to being a musician of great skill, he is also an accomplished artist in his own right. Perhaps it was the technique that compelled him rather than an abiding love for fast movers?

We have a bit o' fall here in Dixie today Dux. A cold front came through yesterday bringing rain and cooler temps. It is only 70 F./ 21 C. at 2:30 PM (14:30 GMT) here. On Monday it was 90F. at 3:00 PM. What a difference a day can make.

My very best to your Lady J if it is/was her birthday.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019