Gents,

JRT,

Yep...we've been back for a few days and are looking forward to being off again in a fortnight to Lincolnshire. This will be the old Bomber Command country with such historic sites as Metheringham, Bardney, Woodhall Spa, Coningsby and East Kirkby etc. I intend to cover them all in the time available. There is a Lancaster at Kirkby which is often started up and trundled about but as far as I know, the hopes of getting it airworthy have thus far remained unfulfilled. There should be some decent pics from that trip.

We had good weather in Anglesey for late March but there was a persistent high wind throughout the week and chilly. Cliff-nesting birds have not yet arrived apart from a few Herring and Lesser Black Backed gulls.

Thanks for your latest email and the pics therein. Did you actually get round to flying them or set them up for display purposes? As I recently revealed - such protective measures are no guarantee of safety!

After seeing this banner I was tempted to sign up to the colours again but they suggested I tried the Imperial War Museum. Cheeky buggers...

Note the windsock at full stretch.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------