Folks,

Dux: That chopper flight to Penzance does seem a bit high (no pun intended).

Penzance you say......?

"Go, ye heroes, go to glory,
Though ye die in combat gory,
Ye shall live in song and story,
Go to immortality!"

Are there no more Penzance pirate ships shuttling about that you might hitch a ride on? All you need do is claim to be an orphan and you'd be quite safe...according to Sir Arthur, that is. wink

As for C51, this air show is an annual event. Last year he viewed the show from the luxury of a high-rise Toronto apartment which meant that at times he was actually looking down on the show...neat, eh?

This year he says he may be forced to observe the show from earth like us regular mortals. He cautions me not to worry for if there is a handy pub nearby I am assured that he will be quite high enough to enjoy the festivities anyway.

From what I've read online, the CNE Air show takes place every Labor Day weekend and it is quite a show indeed. Some lucky Torontans apparently take passage on cruise ships that chug about on Lake Ontario as the planes zoom about overhead for 3 days. It must be nice indeed!

Were I to find myself in Toronto this weekend I would probably charter a private air mattress and set sail with an appropriately stocked ice chest, a porta potty, and a magnum or two of imported Château Thames Embankment vin. August.

Hmmmmm. Quite right Dux. It seems that I have forgotten to bring a paddle. Oh, well that would not be a situation with which I am totally inexperienced. Although admittedly that experience would not have been on Lake Ontario, rather it would be on the proverbial befouled creek.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019