Folks,

MG, PV1:

Gentlemen, this forum never fails. It was true 8 years ago when I first loaded Rowan's amazing if flawed BoB onto my recently defunct computer and then began desperately searching the web for help and it is just as true today. Thank you my friends for your help.

I've done some prowling about and it seems the vid card is a Gforce2 MX/Mx 400. The adapter info is Bus: AGP 4X, Memory: 64 MB. The processor is an Intel P4 1.60 Ghz with SSE2. (SSE2?)

Jens: I agree about the power supply. I'll check that out. With some boxes sporting 3 GHz processors and multi-Impossitrillion GB of ram this ain't the fastest rig on the planet or even the block but it is far better in many ways than the P2-450 we just not so quietly laid to rest.

PV1: Thanks. Yes I believe it is a good idea to start low on those settings. My faith is in you. I had read here somewhere recently typed by someone else that 64 MB vid ram was the bare 'minimum' specs. And in my experience that usually is code for notta chance in hell. I know there are lower res planes available and some way of flipping them in and out but I'm not likely to try substituting.

I've always had ATI cards and this is the first GForce flavor I've ever had. Time to look about for a better card or just go back to the BDG BoB 1. I've been through too much with this game in nearly 8 years to give up now. My first ATI card had only 8 MB vid ram. BoB eventually ran rather well on that too. smile

With your help and some luck I am certain to prevail over the malevolent forces of darkness once more.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019