Excellent reading, everybody! smile

Another busy week for MFJ I! The Entente forces keep launching attacks against the strong defensive positions of the German army, and the flying troops of both the Army and the Navy are doing their best to support the infantry fighting in the trenches.

The British aviators in particular have suffered very heavy casualties, but still they keep coming in large numbers, just as stubbornly as the Tommies on the ground. MFJ I has been flying defensive patrols every day over friendly positions with each member of the Staffel doing his best to try and shoot down as many enemy two-seaters as possible.

Early in the week, Niemann managed to bring down a Fee near Ceurne airfield. Unfortunately the claim was not confirmed, even though the two-seater crashed down behind German lines.

Fortunately Niemann had better luck on Sunday:

This Tripe from RNAS 10 belonged to a flight of five Sopwiths which were ambushed by the whole Staffel near Ypres at a high altitude (over 3000 metres). Niemann managed to damage the Sopwith early in the fight, which seemed to seriously affect the Englishman's ability to manouver. The Tripe still managed to put up a good fight and dragged Niemann down with him close to the trenches, until it finally turned over and smashed down neatly on its back near the German reserve line.

Current situation. I've had several obvious kills denied, which is a bit frustrating. C'est la guerre!

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps