Flight Lt Alex Ackworth - RNAS 4 - Coudekerque - 22 July 1916 (Mission 22)

After the late party last night for my promotion, I was hoping to be in the afternoon flight. Instead we take out all planes at 7:00 for an artillery spotting mission west of Lens, almost 40 nm away.

I am in a group of six with Flight Cdr Edward leading. The last available Strutter will follow us as extra cover. I feel like a whole bunch of kangaroos are inside my head and they are jumping all over the place !

The gods of war must have pity on me, because we fly the mission without seeing any enemy planes or being bothered by flak. The only bad part is that Richmond had a mechanical failure during the landing pattern and crashed his plane. The Strutter is written off and both Richmond and his observer Lt Courtney are badly wounded and taken to the rear in hospital for a while.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.