This is just a little ramble so if you want an exciting, or boring DID report, please skip it.

When I first started flying OFF I used labels, TAC, and any other thing I could throw up on the screen. I was slowly weaning myself off of these aids when the DID campaign started. Wanting to fly with the "A" pilots I figured this was the time to take the plunge.

Never in my life could I have realized how much more fun, immersive, challenging, stick your description here, this sim could be for me. Trying to fly in formation and staying found in real time, all the while trying to spot someone trying to flame your butt is a challenge in itself. Which brings me to the last ingredient for total immersion. Making sure you stay alive. In the past I would dive in against odds just because. If I died, just make a another pilot and drive on. Now I want to survive, though doing poorly at that at the moment. This last ingredient is what brought it all together. There will be enough chances for victories, only if I live long enough.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this campaign. You sure have made this child smile.

PS: No, I do not think anyone using labels, TAC, ect. is a lesser pilot than me, I know better. Circumstances in real life dictate how some can fly, or, as I often say, some like blondes, some like brunettes.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!