Flight Sub-Lt Alex Ackworth - RNAS 4 - Coudekerque - 30 June 1916

Mission this morning is reco over enemy ground troops east of Ypres. Flight is 6 Strutters, weather beautiful and clear.

We fly to our reco zone and as we near the front we spot 3 Sopwith Tripes of RNAS 1 on patrol above us... can be useful ! ( gives me an idea for a transfer, I love that plane )

As we make our second pass over the target zone at 9000 ft, 4 Eindeckers on patrol have spotted us and climb to intercept. My leader doesn't hesitate and dives on them ! I stay above the fight and go down from time to time to clear a friend's tail. 10 planes at the same spot make me fear for collisions, and this is what happens ! Hoffman's Strutter goes down in flames together with one of the Einies.

We go further down to a point where I start getting hits from ground fire, so I climb back again. The three remaining Fokkers are sent down by my team mates and we reform. The Tripes never saw anything and stayed up there. We return to Coudekerque without any other event.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.