Flight Sub-Lt Alex Ackworth - RNAS 4 - Coudekerque - 11 July 1916 (Mission 17)

We have only 5 flyable planes and this morning they are all out for an artillery spotting mission east of Ypres. Our leader Lt Richmond will do the spotting while we scan the skies for bad guys. Weather is grey with low clouds but only 2/5 cover, which should allow for the spotting.

And this is how it goes... We turn around when five Fokker EIIIs climb towards us and the furball begins. We have the altitude advantage and we down three of them (one for me !) The other two run for home. Three of our planes including mine will need a little patching job, so Lt Richmond, after regrouping everyone, takes us to Bailleul airfield. We will fly to Coudekerque later in the afternoon.

Last edited by corsaire31; 07/11/14 11:14 PM.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.