The continuing career of Albert "Mushroom" Ward:

11 Aug 1916 @ 05h02 Recon for enemy Troop and Vehicle movement south of Diksmuide

Hill lead the flight with myself accompanying. “A” flight sent 3 strutters to assist flown by Soar, Parsons and Chadwick. We had Heavy cumulous cover up to 7000 feet. The flight to the recon area was quiet but upon arrival Hill spotted two enemy craft below which turned out to be EIII’s. He signalled to attack and we both peeled of and selected one each. I shot mine down after a short scrap and looking around I saw Hill below circling for advantage on the other EIII. I closed in and caught the EIII as he broke away from Hill and sent him to the ground as well. I saw Hill off in the distance on my port side and then lost him. I circled for awhile and then detected three craft coming towards me from the east. I decided to head for home but two of them kept following. When I arrived over our airfield the two were still behind me so I turned to face them. I sent a few quick rounds into the first one to pass me head on and I suspect I had a lucky shot as he was seen going down well below. The second craft was now my concern and I quickly got advantage of him and sent him down as well. All in all I had 4 claims but upon arrival at base the C.C. expressed concerns for Hill as he had not arrived.

YouTube Video:

11 Aug 1916 @ 13h05 The C.O. has requested a redo of the recon effort south of Diksmuide as the first one was not satisfactory due to heavy cloud cover.

Hill has still not arrived at base and is considered missing. I lead this flight with Soar, Hervey, Booker, and Huskisson accompanying. “A” flight sent two strutters to assist.
We had heavy cumulous from 4000 to 6500 ft. The flight to the recon area was uneventful and we got a break in the cloud cover which allowed us to complete the mission. We were un-molested by enemy craft and returned to base safely.
Hill still has not shown up.

YouTube Video: None taken

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L